To me, it’s all about keeping everything in proportion.
And the advantages of doing squats are much more than what meets the eye.
Well-shaped thighs and a tight butt are just two of them.
However, what people don’t know is that squats also help you to –
- Burn more fat
- Increase upper and lower body strength
- Improve Leg strength which in turn maintains mobility and balance in the long run
- Strengthen muscles and ligaments
- Boost your sports performance
But then again, most of the people I have seen in my gym do it wrong. Follow these simple steps –
- Warm up
- Stand with your feet just over shoulder width apart
- Keep your back in a neutral position, and keep your knees centered over your feet
- Slowly bend your knees, hips and ankles, lowering until you reach a 90-degree angle
- Return to starting position – repeat 15-20 times, 2-3 sets for beginners
- Breathe in as you lower, breathe out as you return to starting position
So go through this amazing video by BananaManaTV which teaches you exactly how to do squats.